Sunday, December 6, 2009

An Ode to Creepy Internet Friends

Over the last few years, I have met some incredible people online. I don't know how to explain just how great these friends are. Before you get all excited and begin to lecture me about internet safety, I want you to know that I took things slowly and cautiously... and the only time I have been uncomfortable was not because of one of my CIFs, it was because of a client. (a story best left untold)

The strangest thing about having Internet friends is that I don't know them in person. I feel absolutely comfortable communicating with them online and even in text messages, but I have not physically met even one of them. Yet... when I am having a rough day, they encourage me. When I have a problem - they are right there trying to help me. And they NEVER judge me.

I hope that one day I may meet my online friends face-to-face. Some of them are planning a get together for next year. I won't be able to go... but know they will text me and message me and I will be there in spirit... and they will miss me too... because we are friends.

2 comments:

  1. Wo ♥ My sentiments exactly, never thought I could love people I hadn't met! But I do.

    Love you Wo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are lovely people. I think I am a lot less generous than most other kerhq-ers, BUT - definitely pulled me through a darker time when I was in a new city, difficult relationship, social life bordering on nil... and you all are awesome ♥ (rose)

    ReplyDelete