Saturday, May 22, 2010

LOST in Despair: 12 Steps to Overcome my Addiction



Hi. My name is Dorothy and I'm a LOST addict. I have watched and theorized and obsessed over clues for six years. Tomorrow it will be over. I am LOST in my despair. In preparation for this devastation, I would like to share my twelve stop program for dealing with LOST addiction. I hope it will help some of you.


1. Before beginning, find your Constant. Admit that you are powerless over the electromagnetic pull of the Island and its inhabitants. 


2. Believe that a Power greater than yourself (Jacob) can restore you to sanity.


3. Make a decision to turn your will and your life over to Jacob (as you understand him - tricky, I know).


4. Make a searching, fearless moral inventory of yourself, including any and all LOST paraphernalia, randomly doodled quotes, tattoos, and fan fiction. Face your inner Man-in-Black.


5. Admit to Jacob, yourself, and someone who has no clue who Desmond is, the nature and depth of your obsession.


6. Be ready to allow Jacob to remove your defects of character and hopefully give you some wine (not muddy stream water) while saying, "Because we don't accept this as a simple potion, but so that he shall be as one with me" in Latin. 


7. Humbly ask Jacob to remove your your shortcomings and provide a recommendation for a doctor to laser off the "Not Penny's Boat" tattoo from your bicep.


8. Make a list of all the people you have annoyed by attempting to explain LOST to them when they clearly, as Eloise would put it, are not ready.


9. Make amends to those people by discussing the Real Housewives of anywhere with them. This will be painful, but it is penance.


10. Continue to take personal inventory. I know you still have that collector's edition TV Guide under your bed.


11. Pray to Jacob, as you understand him to be... even if after Across the Sea you thought he was a candidate for the short bus... to give you the power to continue to live without LOST in your life.


12. Have a spiritual awakening, realizing that the DVDs will be released, allowing you to relive your days of addiction without the added sparkle of mysterious goodness... and prepare to mourn for the rest of your life because there will never be another LOST. Ever.

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love! I, too, am a Lost addict, and I am truly saddened by the fact it will all be over soon. Love ya', Wo.

    Bunnee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome WotV!! Can't wait for the finale party tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm what the hell are you talking about? *wink*

    ~Saysh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dare you to get the Dharma Initiative symbol tattooed on you somewhere, for real. Not your face, cause that would just be awkward. Maybe the nape of your neck? that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Wotv it looks like you gave me permission to your personal blog instead of food in HQ! I could write on your blog about crazy random things as I do on mine and mess up your life if you really give me permission. :P. feel free to delete this comment of you want. Send me invitation to food in HQ and I promise i will post my recipe in next fifteen years.

    ReplyDelete