Friday, November 13, 2009

Who is WotV, Anyway?

Some of you know me from Twitter or other sites as WotV. This stands for Woman on the Verge. My husband once asked me what I was on the verge of... I laughed at the time, but as I think about it, it really was a good question.

I began my college education as an English/Education major. The outlook for teachers was very poor at the time, so I changed majors and became a Registered Nurse. What was I thinking? I worked primarily in psychiatric settings, which was really interesting, but taxing. I left nursing to raise my three fantastic kids. Yup, I traded my RN for my MOM.

As a stay at home mom, I volunteered regularly at my children's school. In fact, I created a family based book club that was hailed by PTO Today and Education World magazines. My love for reading and writing had never abated.

When all three were in school full time, I began substitute teaching. It was unpredictable and stressful at times, but I loved working with children. I ended up taking a full time position after 5 years of subbing, but the full time commitment was just a little too much.

I decided it was time to finally try writing for a living. I have always wanted to write, and my absolutely wonderful husband was, and continues to be, supportive of me. I am freelance writing nearly full time. But this full time is on my terms. I work through Elance.com as well as for other clients.

I have written fiction, nonfiction, eBooks, articles, blog entries, research, editing, copywriting, marketing writing, or pretty much anything else. I love my job.

Feel free to contact me with a comment! I will get right back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment