Sunday, February 7, 2010

By Popular Demand: GUNK

I have one of those recipes that is super easy, yet always popular at EVERY party. I suppose I may as well share it...

Okay, now this is my super secret recipe... so handle with care! All amounts are approximate... I don't bother to measure. It's a little different every time.

I use a 4.5qt dutch oven

Melt about 1/2 stick of butter over medium heat

Add about 1 1/2 bags mini marshmallows, stirring constantly until melted

Add a BIG (if I had to guess, it is probably close to 1/4 cup) scoop of peanut butter and stir till melted

Keeping heat on, add whatever cereal you have in the house until the pot is nearly full (Cheerios - regular or honey nut, Reeses, Rice Krispies, Rice Chex, Corn flakes all work well - mix and match. Cereals that are too sweet -Capn Crunch for example - will make the gunk too sweet)

Stir to coat - this works pretty easily if you keep the heat on

Dump the gunk into a buttered casserole dish. Do not press down. Heat the pan to release any stuck bits.

Let cool.

That's it. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment