Friday, September 23, 2011

How to Make Your Facebook Page More Recognizable

A few tips and tricks I've picked up to make the new FB changes more palatable for those of you who do not like the new interface:

View this video: Facebook Changes


Put this in your status: Please do me a favor and move your mouse over my name here, wait for the box to load and then move your mouse over the "Subscribe" link. Then uncheck the "Comments and Likes". I would really rather that my comments on friends and families posts not be made public, thank you! Then re-post this if you don't want your every single move posted on the right side in the "Ticker Box" for everyone to see! I'm posting this not only for myself, but also so that my friends and family will know to ask others to do the same if they would not like their every move on facebook noticed. Thanks.


Apply these settings: HOW TO GET YOUR FEED BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN. if you want your feed to go back to normal go to your account settings (that arrow next to HOME) and go to notifications (upper left). There is a box on the upper right that is checked that says "email frequency." Uncheck that box and your feed will show all the posts again. Then go to your home page and anything in the "Top Stories" click on the down arrow and "unmark as top story" - now your newsfeed will be setup by timestamp rather than randomly picking "top stories!"


It won't fix everything, but it WILL help you to stop freaking out. Feel free to find me and friend me on Facebook. Or "like" my Page


Good luck! And remember, G+ is open to the public now and it's pretty cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment