Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oh, Facebook... What Were You Thinking?

Clearly, Mark Zuckerberg owns stock in Google. Why else would he make inconvenient, non-intuitive, annoying changes to Facebook on the day after Google Plus goes public?

G+ has been invitation only for 3 months. I've been on for a good portion of that time, and honestly, it's pretty great. It makes sharing to groups and individuals easy and has plenty of features. It's only drawback was that there were limited people to share with. Well, that obstacle was removed yesterday.

Today, I woke to a new FB. I keep getting lost in my own page, trying to figure out how the site has determined what it thinks might be important to me. I have to click to see new posts or "stories" as it says. There's some kind of streaming update thingie on the side that I have no clue what to do with. Nobody can figure out what the Hell these changes are supposed to achieve other than drive us over to G+.

Go check out G+ today. See what you think. Look me up there. Drag me into a circle and I'll return the favor. Let's just give it a try.

Now, if you play those games over on FB, I wouldn't worry. I expect  those will show up on G+ soon enough. Let the crops die. Seriously. It's a game, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment